Your Ad can be there
+ Post New Thread

Thread: How to restore softaculous backup manually

Administrator

How to restore softaculous backup manually

Go to "cPanel, Softaculous, Backups and Restore", and there you may be able to see:

Installation has been removed, which was installed on the following url : http://***. You can restore it using the Backup. wp.26_83590.2015-12-29_18-13-01.tar.gz 49.97 MB

One can still download that backup archive and it contains both files and mysql database so it is all needed to restore website.

I downloaded it via cPanel File manager, it is one level up the root directory of the cpanel account. Meaning go to www or public_html and then one level up and then go to Softaculous named folder. Find proper latest backup and download it.

After You download that backup archive of Softaculous, extract it, you should find your website files and also file with .sql extension (softsql.sql), you can try to import this file into a new mysql database you create. Also create mysql user and then attach user to database. These three things from within cPanel / Mysql Databases. Make sure mysql database name, username and password match ones mentioned in your wp-config.php file (public_html/yourpath/wp-config.php)

You can google: cpanel how to create mysql database

Once Mysql is created, you will go to cPanel / PHPMyAdmin and select your database and choose to Import mentioned .sql file.

Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No
    May be useful for someone because I'd faced some issue here.

When I'd tried to download the backup file to the Softaculous folder, I just can't see it in a file manager.
    I'd have to launch the console, check files attributes and only then I can download the needed backup.

Not sure was it my fault or some common issue, maybe it'll help someone to figure out too.

I generated softaculous backup and downloaded it to my computer for crictime but now I can not find any option to restore it back to server

I also generated softaculous backup and downloaded it to my computer for today match prediction and champions trophy but now I can not find any option to restore it back to server

+ Post New Thread