+ Post New Thread

Thread: Is my career destroying my relationship?

Is my career destroying my relationship?

As a digital content manager, I have been coping with the demands of the business world everyday - monitoring live updates, publishing always-on content, keeping our ranking on top. My partner takes notice of this everytime I come home from an overtime work. Is this really straining our relationship? Any advice?

Administrator
    Hello, i think this question would be honestly answered only by your family. Some people try to find part time job and reduce their demands on money spending. If you have a boss, you may ask about posibilities of partial job. I listen the partial jobs is a growing trend.

In india working online is very risky, because indian government is making indian citizens, google, tata slaves, forcing them to work for free for these companies, stealing their memory regularly without a legally valid reason, without offering any compensation, to increase the profit of these greedy fraud companies

Wow webc. That's really tough. I can't imagine the hardships they go through daily. As for my case, I love what I'm doing but it's just really making me super busy. My partner and I decided to have off times but sometimes I can't help but still work during off times. He has been really patient with me and I'm afraid that I am really pushing him to his limits. We also decided to try counseling at least once a week to help us work out our marriage. I'm seeing little progress on our understanding of one another so hopefully this would go on further.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnett Simpkin View Post
    As a digital content manager, I have been coping with the demands of the business world everyday - monitoring live updates, publishing always-on content, keeping our ranking on top. My partner takes notice of this everytime I come home from an overtime work. Is this really straining our relationship? Any advice?
    Too little of info. How is s/he taking notes? Is it about career only? If you are interested in statistics, here you can familiarize yourself with career/divorce rate. I believe, that it is not only about overtime. When my ex worked a lot, I was pretty patient about his overtimes and tried to understand that he is the man in the family, he had to work a lot an his career meant much for his personality. But when he decided to file for divorce without a lawyer because he wanted to have uncontested divorce and "not to hurt my feelings" as he said (but in fact he was dating a colleague) I understood, that some of the overtimes were not work-related and I might have noticed earlier, that we had some problems. So I guess you should talk to your SO for now to clarify her concerns before you go to judgments.

+ Post New Thread