Hello,

i bought computer with Windows 7 installation that i wanted to put into factory defaults, so i used Rufus (windows app) to create bootable USB flash disk out of an Windows .iso image. I set MBR type record as i do not have UEFI and set NTFS as a filesystem.

But during boot, it not recognized flash drive and attempted to boot system from HDD, but i go to bios (right after PC start "Del" key) and there i have to find boot order and on two places put "USB" kind of entries before my HDD so it has higher priority. (Moving was done using "PgUp" key.) What may work is making sure one enter correct boot type (MBR/UEFFI when creating USB bootdisk using Rufus).

Then i was hitting F12 key on BIOS start and selected USB HDD

After that, it said: "Verifying DMI pool data....." and an empty line. Nothing.

But after like 30 seconds, Windows installation system started loading from USB - What may work is making sure one enter correct boot type (MBR/UEFFI when creating USB bootdisk using Rufus):

Name:  bootable-windows-usb-old-computer-bios.png
Views: 1771
Size:  65.1 KB

though recovery to factory defaults was not possible from it somehow (i am missing recovery Windows partition), so i did Installation over my existing system (formating HDD partition where Windows was currently installed - usually it is HDD0, first partition - formatting done before installation begin)