+ Post New Thread

Thread: Google adwords

Post Thanks / Like

Google adwords

Hey guys i have recently jumped into google adwords for my website so im very new and fresh to the whole ppc thing.

Two things i would like to ask about because when i search them on google all i get it people wanting me to buy paid solutions.

How to prevent click fraud and the second thing is when a competitor bids on your brand name?

Any tips on these to things would be appreciated ....

Post Thanks / Like

Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No
    AdWords has built in click fraud prevention. Depending on how large your budget is, you will get credits back from them for any clicks their system identifies/determines as fraud.

They don't give you 100% details on each click so even if you suspect fraud it's usually very hard to prove it.
    Premium Managed Hosting Provider KnownHost - https://www.knownhost.com
    Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS, Cloud and Dedicated Servers.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i read about adwords saying they call these things invalid clicks i wonder however how this is determined, another online user revisiting ? I mean you can block a ip , but your competitor can change his ip at will. There is no certain way to block everything. This however is the price you pay to be online with a website investing money in it.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe there are services available online that can prevent click fraud but I am not sure if you will be able to afford that sort of budget. I think you need to just get on with it and try to optimize your ads for better positioning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WHUK View Post
    I believe there are services available online that can prevent click fraud but I am not sure if you will be able to afford that sort of budget. I think you need to just get on with it and try to optimize your ads for better positioning.
    Yea thats pretty much what ive done, its the equivalent of trying to block crawlers in your ht access file, a losing battle, So as for my campaign from what i can tell i get a good part of the impression share, i also have a 2.4 average rating, however , clicks are bad. I dot know if my ad copy is the problem google gives it a above average rating for most of my keywords inmy 6 ad groups, something ive seen in the recommendations is to create atleast three ad copies for every ad groups, i can understand the logic behind this as some will fair better so its like a.b testing. My question is will google auto rotate these ads or do i have to do that?

Post Thanks / Like

As other members say, yes, it's quite difficult to suspect fraud in PPC for you get on your ads. Google and other similar search engines have been loaded with spams and that is still not possible to get rid of, completely.

+ Post New Thread