Your Ad can be there
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change hosting / transfer website to new hosting?

Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No
    Well there are several WordPress migration plugin which will make the whole process smooth. Manually migrating your site can be a difficult job for newbie.

I have lot of problem to change hosting. Who can explain to me, how to change website hosting?

buy tablets in bulk

It is a common issue that your website files might get lost when you are changing your web host. Switching hosting providers is not a big deal but transferring your website to another host with zero downtime is important. First of all backup all your database and server. Then next you'll need to export all your database from your hosting provider and then Create a new data base to new server, Import mysql database tables to the new database and Now update the name server of your domain of new server. thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fli View Post
    Hello,

I want to ask how you would recommend changing webhosting / transfering website to a different hosting account?

Here is one way: (it is simpliffied and may not be suitable for websites where are hosted "mission critical data")

1. find on how to backup a) your website files and b) mysql database
    2. buy new hosting plan
    3. copy backed up data to a new hosting
    4. change domain name nameserver so it is your new hosting ones
    5. modiffy website on your old hosting so people cant add new content and they know site is being transfered.

at this point all new visitors will start to see website on new hosting and you and all visitors who visited your site recently before transfer will still see site from old hosting.

afte rlike up to 72 hours all visitrs should see the site from new hosting account.

here you can backup your website data to your local computer and can let the old hosting account die.
    I don't know the other hosting providers but when I migrated my store using Cloudways WooCommerce hosting it takes one click for migration and the other things were handled by support. Which hosting you going to choose for migration? Every hosting provider has their migration tutorial. If you need help you can see this tutorial for migration.

You first have to communicate with your hosting provider regarding their website migration steps. If you are using cpanel then your providercan directly transfer your website from one cpanel to another with one click.

But if you have to manually transfer your wordpress website then its a lengthy process, you have to create database and then import your database from backup.
    Also you have to upload your zip file in your account.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12