+ Post New Thread

Thread: What is happening on Indeed and Facebook?

What is happening on Indeed and Facebook?

I am a freelance translator and I also manage a translation company. I recently posted an ad on Indeed requesting freelance translators from other countries to join my company's translator team.

On the first day my ad was a success. Twenty-five freelance translators were interested in collaborating and submitted their resumes for review.

On the next day, when I tried to log in to Indeed page, I knew that Indeed suspended my account and I could not post anything more on that platform. The explanation was: “Your account does not comply with Indeed's policies.” As much as I reviewed the policies, I could not find anything that was against them. I submitted an appeal and they promised to respond by e-mail within 48 hours. I did not receive a reply and again, requested reactivation. They responded that my account was not acceptable to Indeed and that this decision was final.

Something similar is happening to me with Facebook.

In my Meta account I created two pages for my company. One for the head office in Brazil and another for the branch in Mexico. I paid for two ads that started to work very well, one targeting the Mexican audience in Spanish and the other targeting the Brazilian audience in Portuguese.

Facebook suspended my account this morning. The reason was the same as on Indeed: "Your pages do not comply with the Facebook's policies."

I immediately went through their "policies,” and I could not find any violations.

I have already made an appeal. Before to send it, a pop-up window warning you about that the decision will be final.

All this leads me to think that these companies are no longer allowing micro-entrepreneurs to advertise or offer jobs from one country to another. Until recently, there was no problem in advertising or soliciting collaborators. Now, when you search for groups or people, they are limiting the results not only to your country, but also to the city or locality where you live.

What is happening? What is the reality behind this virtual "prison" that does not allow free communication outside your location?

Sometimes it happens to Indeed and Facebook. That's too bad - it's never fun when something like this happens. I'm familiar with the situation - it's happened to me before, too. But it was even worse when it happened to tiktok. I have a popular account there, and I used to buy tiktok views to get such results. However, my problem disappeared within a few days. Hopefully, you'll be able to resolve the issue soon and get back on track. Good luck and happy posting.

+ Post New Thread