+ Post New Thread

Thread: OT lawyer help

OT lawyer help

My grandmother has dementia. Sleeps almost the whole day. We have 24 hour sitters staying with her. My issue is my nannie is 57 years old but has the brain of a 10 year old. She has power of attorney but makes decisions that is harming my grandmother and making the sitters jobs much harder than need be. Like giving her a heavenly hash because she thinks her sugar is low resulting in my grandmother shitting all over herself. Not allowing my grandmother to go to sleep because she hasnít showered yet. Or giving my grand mother a piece of chicken thatís hard and telling her this is what you will eat and itís your fault itís like this cause you refused to eat earlier. Is this elderly abuse? The sitters are worth their weight in gold but have said they are ready to leave if she stays around while they try to do their job. She has her own home but has her friends staying there because their home was damaged during the storm. My father is deceased and Iím the oldest grandchild. Do I have any rights to see that my grandmothers care is taken care of without my nannie present?

You've come to the wrong place. Find a good attorney in your area and spend the few hundred for a consultation to explore your options. Go through your local bar association, ask around. Good luck. ETA: Tell us your location and maybe you'll get some referrals.

It would be best if you had a good lawyer. Arrange a consultation with a lawyer and be sure to pay for it. It is an important point since the only resource that a lawyer has and sells is his time. He can't spend it for free, so if you meet a lawyer who looks competent, you need to build a long-term relationship with each other. Building a relationship with a client who does not want or is not ready to pay is not very interesting. Although you can turn to lawyers working pro bono, I have applied to be a lawyer only once. Military sexual assault attorney is probably not what you need, but you can clarify; maybe they can give you any recommendations.
    Last edited by Cosmolla; 05-17-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Indeed, some lawyers go to the trick and allow clients to sign documents without verbally explaining the essence of the agreements. The law allows in some cases to act in this way, but it's still mean on the part of a human rights defender. Fortunately, my experience with lawyers is much more positive. I contacted expungement lawyers a couple of months ago. And I was informed verbally about all the details in detail and explained all the questions I was interested in. in my opinion, this is how lawyers should work.
    Last edited by solliehoerger; 05-18-2022 at 09:07 AM.

+ Post New Thread