Advertisement: Linux VPS from $4/month - contact support for custom offer.
+ Post New Thread

Thread: Linux: Fixing bad characters in non-english language subtitles when playing video

Administrator

Linux: Fixing bad characters in non-english language subtitles when playing video

Hello,

what are easiest or working ways to fix bad subtitle characters in Linux video player?

Issue: For example i am having .srt files that seems to be in CP1250 codepage and contains ěščřžýáíé kind of diacritics characters which appears badly in Linux video player.

What helped me was to go to main menu where is the list of Linux applications, click my video player mouse right click, select Properties, then on other tab i found path:

mpv --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui -- %U
    I turned it into:
    mpv --sub-codepage=windows-1250 --player-operation-mode=pseudo-gui -- %U

If you are using mplayer, the parameter may be: --subcp cp1250

Note that you should replace windows-1250 or cp1250 by appropriate codepage in which are your language characters usually. To find out, google: yourlanguage codepages
    Then you can read your video player manual and try to find these codepage names in it if it is supported: man playername

Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No
    Linux is a window that is fixing the bad characters in non English language subtitle when the laying of a video. The issue and the helping station are turned into the code page with the NerdyWriters windows by 1250 and some player list in the menu chart.

Windows can be a tricky part to handle. Recently windows 11 introduced with android apps https://extratricks.com/support which can be used to run android apps on Windows Machine without any Emulators that consume heavy resources from windows pc

yjtyjjtjtyjtjtyjtjty

Linux is window type things that can work and used in the system and the computers with the variable persons. The sub divisions are the code pages that can get the California News Times: Best Essay Writing Services parameter in the optional and the window server.

We studied programming at the university. We were even given the assignment to write an essay on this topic. I decided to choose the service for myself and pay for my essay as I understood that I would not have time to do my job on time. Thanks to the experts, I managed everything and learned a lot of useful information for myself.
    Last edited by Brian_90Web; 02-25-2022 at 10:00 AM.

+ Post New Thread