Name:  81ETcqAfWIL._AC_SS350_.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  10.0 KB

I have bought this sound system Hercules XPS 1.2 BassBoost ( https://www.amazon.com/Hercules-4780688-XPS-Bassboost-Enceintes/dp/B0086E139Y ). Before, i was using an average built in laptop speaker.

2x8W + 16W subwoofer
40Hz - 20kHz (my headphones has much better range: 12Hz-22kHz)

When comparing the sound to big quality speakers or my semi-professional headphones, the quality is not satisfying for me due to the sound lacking enough audio pitch. I would expect more sharp/crisp/clear sound. The subwoofer is OK, though i am not someone who needs it
Beside worse sound as described, next con for me is that i can not turn off the sound system from one satelite. The power switch is on the subwoofer. So i can use AC socket with the switch button to do what i need.
Third con is that the right speaker is hard-wired to subwoofer using relatively short cable (1.60m.).
Power supply cable (from subwoofer) is 1.60m. but that is not a big problem, you can use power extension.
The audio pitch is not good in case the speakers are poined outside of one's head (for example sitting on the desk while head is above the desk).

SUMMARY: Overall, i am not an audio expert, i would rate this system to be 5 out of 10. On Amazon, rating is 4.3 out of 5. It is good for someone who is not music enhusiast or not used to listen audio from above-average quality speakers.