Your Ad can be there
See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

+ Post New Thread

Thread: How to start own webhosting company by reseller plans?

Question How to start own webhosting company by reseller plans?

I want to start my own webhosting business. I have visited hostgator, godaddy etc. There reseller plans are ok but buying only reseller plans is not enough. What are the steps and risks inside this business? Tell me if you have some information about it.

Administrator

1/1 found it usefull/helpfull Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No

Lightbulb

Hi, i have an reseller account from namecheap and i tried also host gator for reselling and what you need? i think:
    - an reseller account account (6-20USD/mo.) cPanel type account is prefered
    - a domain name (you can register some cheaply for around $4 using coupons like godaddy coupons)
    - some skill in html or people who you trust and that can help
    - skill in managing hosting account
    - alot of time to dedicate your business (you should be at least once per day available to support customers)
    - power to dont stop promoting your biz and finding ways to attract customers

Is this useful / helpfull? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi, i have an reseller account from namecheap and i tried also host gator for reselling and what you need? i think:
    - an reseller account account (6-20USD/mo.) cPanel type account is prefered
    - a domain name (you can register some cheaply for around $4 using coupons like godaddy coupons)
    - some skill in html or people who you trust and that can help
    - skill in managing hosting account
    - alot of time to dedicate your business (you should be at least once per day available to support customers)
    - power to dont stop promoting your biz and finding ways to attract customers
    I don't have much technical knowledge. How can I support to customer for there problems in cheap rate? Also how to create a professional website in low price? I think promoting business is easy than handling the reseller hosting. If I need any help about any technical difficulty where I can search the solution? If you give my questions, it will help me to start my own business. Thanks for reply admin.

Administrator

Big companies like Hostgator, Namecheap gives you billing software (WHMCS, ClientExec...) which allows you to have a website ready (lookup for whmcs demo). You may then modiffy default WHMCS template by simple HTML editting, here is one modiffied: http://instantcpanelhosting.com
    (so this is basically how your hosting site can look like) You may also buy / download already created paid WHMCS templates, search google to see demos.
    So in good cpanel reseller plan you already have possibility to create hosting accounts, have billing software which you can use as an website front-end to sell your hosting.

Thanks for reply. It will create website by using pre developed tools. But how to handle customers. How to give customer chat support, support for technical problem regarding his plans, server issue, busy server etc...
    If any third party company or site can handle this please tell me.

+ Post New Thread