PDA

View Full Version : OCD problems

Garnett Simpkin
10-19-2017, 07:38 PM
My friends and I from high school met 2 weeks ago. For some time, we were able to share our lives and what we were doing so far. I was shocked to know that a friend is diagnosed with OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder. Can this be treated? What are the available treatments?

zettrtiny
10-20-2017, 04:26 AM
My friends and I from high school met 2 weeks ago. For some time, we were able to share our lives and what we were doing so far. I was shocked to know that a friend is diagnosed with OCD or obsessive-compulsive disorder. Can this be treated? What are the available treatments?
It's sad that your friend needs to undergo that situation. Treatments of COD is psychotherapy and medications, I recommend he visit his/her physician.

Garnett Simpkin
10-23-2017, 02:53 AM
It's sad that your friend needs to undergo that situation. Treatments of COD is psychotherapy and medications, I recommend he visit his/her physician.

Thank you for your support. I recently read this article from BetterHelp (https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/therapy/how-can-insight-therapy-help-me/). It says it can help OCD persons. Is this possible? I hope someone who tried this can share here.