PDA

View Full Version : Django

Balaji
04-22-2017, 09:58 AM
I am new to Django. while running the django runserver I got template doesnot exist error. Please help me to solve this issue.

Yokesh
04-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Yes at the beginning you will get this error. This arises because of not adding the complete URL of your template folder. If your templates are in the folder called templates you have to add the complete URL of your templates. You can follow the Django documentation for your reference. It will be very much useful in web design applications. (https://www.egrovesys.com/python-development-services/)

Maja22
08-16-2024, 04:31 PM
I am new to Django. while running the django runserver I got template doesnot exist error. Please help me to solve this issue.

Welcome to Django! The "TemplateDoesNotExist" error usually means that Django is unable to find the template file you're trying to render. Here are some common reasons for this error and how to resolve them:

Check Template Directory Setting:
Ensure that the TEMPLATES setting in your settings.py file is correctly configured. By default, Django looks for templates in a directory named templates inside each app. Make sure your settings.py includes something like this:

python
Copy code
TEMPLATES = [
{
'BACKEND': 'django.template.backends.django.DjangoTemplates',
'DIRS': [os.path.join(BASE_DIR, 'templates')],
'APP_DIRS': True,
'OPTIONS': {
'context_processors': [
'django.template.context_processors.debug',
'django.template.context_processors.request',
'django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth',
'django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messag es',
],
},
},
]
Here, DIRS should point to the directory where your templates are stored.

Verify Template Path:
Ensure that the template file you are Zumbalicious crew (https://zumbaliciouscrew.com/en/zumba-for-beginners/) trying to use actually exists in the correct location. For example, if your template is located in a directory structure like myapp/templates/myapp/template_name.html, make sure this path matches what you are referencing in your view.

Check Template Name in View:
Verify that the template name you’re using in your view matches the actual file name. For example, if your view is using:

python
Copy code
return render(request, 'myapp/template_name.html', context)
Ensure that template_name.html exists within myapp/templates/myapp/.

Correct App Directories:
If APP_DIRS is set to True, Django will look for templates in a templates subdirectory within each app. Ensure that your app structure includes a templates directory, and within that, another directory named after your app.

Template Directory Permissions:
Check the file permissions of your templates directory and ensure that Django has the necessary permissions to read the files.

Clear Cached Files:
Sometimes, issues arise from cached files. Try clearing your browser cache or restarting the Django development server.

Check for Typos:
Ensure there are no typos in the template file name or path. Even a small discrepancy can cause Django to be unable to find the template.

By reviewing these points, you should be able to pinpoint why Django is not finding your template and correct the issue. If you continue to face problems, please provide more details about your directory structure and settings for further assistance.