PDA

View Full Version : OpenVZ Vs XEN ... Which one is the best ?

rocka
08-08-2016, 04:50 AM
So here is the thing about this thread ...

I know that a lot people are moving to XEN nowadays ... but OpenVZ has been with us for a bit of long time and i have had good experiences with it ...

So what about you .. where does your Vote goes ... OpenVZ or XEN

24x7cloudservermanagement
03-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Well it really depends on the situation and the demand what is best and what you have to offer. Openvz as per me is easy to administrate for a common tech savy person and it is widely used for VPS.

dewalds86
03-13-2017, 05:29 AM
All I can say here is allot of vps resellers use OpenVz so it is popular and must be good.

Rex_M
08-22-2022, 11:12 AM
Hello rocka,

I hope you are doing well!

OpenVZ is a popular open-source virtualization technology that was created in 2002. It is a highly lightweight virtualization platform that runs on Linux servers. OpenVZ uses a single large file to store the entire virtualized environment, which makes it fast and efficient. XEN is a newer virtualization technology that was created in 2008. It is also open source and runs on Linux servers. However, Xen is different from other virtualization technologies because it uses a transaction-based memory management model. As a result, each process has its own memory space, making it faster and more efficient than traditional virtualization models.

OpenVZ and XEN virtualization are two popular virtualization platforms. They differ in a few key areas, but the main difference is that OpenVZ is based on a single kernel while XEN uses a Xen hypervisor. This means that OpenVZ is more lightweight and efficient than XEN. Additionally, OpenVZ supports better security features than XEN.

I hope the above information will help you to understand the OpenVZ and Xen virtualization platforms.

---------------------
Regards,
Rex M