PDA

View Full Version : Remove broken links?

herischarles
07-20-2016, 01:00 PM
I have found some broken links in my website. I don't know How to remove it. Please tell me..

sansastark
07-29-2016, 01:56 AM
If you use Wordpress, you can move 404 plugin to redirect all of these pages to homepage or any specific pages

mobitech
07-29-2016, 07:25 AM
Prepare list of broken link that you’ve found for your website. If those links are related to your website, then redirect them to right page by placing 301 redirect. Might be some broken links will be from third party website, so you may disavow them with help of Google disavow tool.

senthil
08-27-2016, 06:58 AM
If you use Wordpress, you can move 404 plugin to redirect all of these pages to homepage or any specific pages

dhivyaa4n
09-02-2016, 05:13 AM
If you want a more hardcore tool check out Xenu Link Sleuth (you’ll need to download and install this one though, so the above one is much easier to use).

Once the results are displayed go through each URL and remove the dead link. I suggest that whenever you delete a link you keep the anchor text there and add a “(Update: link no longer active)” message aside to it to let users know what happened there.

Repeat this process once a year or so to make sure your website will stay clean of broken links. Your visitors will thank you, and Google will reward you.

senthil
09-02-2016, 06:14 AM