PDA

View Full Version : Can I purchase a domain name without purchasing a hosting account?

annishmarva
10-26-2015, 04:46 AM
i am little bit confused that can I purchase a domain name without purchasing a hosting account?

Fli
11-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Sure, you can. Find so called domain registar or an webhosting company.
After domain is registered, you can then configure your domain and point it to different hosting provider. This is done by modiffying so called nameservers. Your hosting provider will give you nameservers that you need to set for your domain. Providers also often allow setting custom DNS A records.

jonesjeff
03-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Yes you can purchase domain from any website and you do not need to buy their hosting plans. You can choose any other hosting provider just make few changes and your domain will start running on different hosting server.

24x7cloudservermanagement
03-02-2017, 01:24 AM
Domain name and hosting account are 2 different things ... Domain can be purchased from any registrar or a hosting company provides domain registration services as well as hosting can be purchased from any hosting company and domain registrar if the domain registrar is providing hosting service.

cjohnrobin
11-18-2017, 08:00 AM
hi,

There is no doubt, Yes you can purchase a Domain name without purchasing a Hosting.

KnownHost
04-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Absolutely you can get a domain before you purchase hosting. You can either get them both from the same company, or different companies, one for hosting and one for domain registration. Either way you'll want to do some research into your domain registrar and make sure they are reputable.

Aeja
05-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Yes, you may purchase a domain name without purchasing a hosting plan. There are many big domain registrars that you can choose from. In fact, many people buy domain names, similar to their own or with different extensions, so they make sure no one else can take them. In this way, they prevent any potential harm to their website (if someone has a domain name that is similar to your, they may steal customers from you, etc.)

Paralabs
10-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Yes. you can. If you want to get full control over the domain and its management then choose a domain name registration service that is separated from web hosting.

This is a really good idea, as reliable hosting is very important. Of all the services that I used the most stable hosting- https://hostovita.pl/hosting/

dedijoe
06-30-2019, 01:40 PM
Domain and hosting are 2 seperate products and thus, domains can be bought without buying hosting and vice versa.

vijaykl32
08-20-2019, 04:54 AM
Yes, you may purchase a domain name without purchasing a hosting plan also you can buy a different hosting plan without changing the domain name

Alvinarichard
08-21-2019, 11:53 AM
i am little bit confused that can I purchase a domain name without purchasing a hosting account?

Yes you can purchase a domain name first then buy hosting and change the nameservers if the hosting is from another provider

shivani
03-04-2020, 11:18 AM
Hello,
yes, you can purchase Domain name (https://www.ewebguru.com/domain.php) without purchasing web hosting.

Bobbie1232
07-13-2020, 08:18 AM
Maybe but not in every case

alfread
10-12-2020, 09:52 AM
hay friend,
Yes, you can buy a domain name without hosting. You don't need a hosting provider to register your domain . It doesn't matter whether you have a hosting account or not.

peterbrown
11-06-2020, 04:59 PM
You can directly go to domain registrar and can register a domain which you are looking. Mainly that domain should be available

emmydavid
11-11-2020, 05:32 AM
Interesting question.

H4Y-Tim
03-12-2021, 03:14 PM
Of course, there are many hosting companies that provides domain registration service and they also have email forwarding service too.