PDA

View Full Version : How to disable vbulletin sending e-mails to a certain user?

Fli
07-31-2024, 06:09 PM
i am receiving "Undelivered mail returning to sender" e-mails from time to time:

550 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected:
Recipient not found (in reply to RCPT TO command)

my hourly mail quota is limited so rather than trashing these e-mails i am trying to disable e-mail sending to such user in admincp

Editing user profile, this NOT helped:
- Receive Admin Emails (No)
- Users Awaiting Email Confirmation (ticking the tickbox)

My other non-tested/non verified ideas are:
- ban user (not ideal, not good for user, time consuming to ban and mention the reason)
- remove user e-mail address entirely and add to group Pending email confirmation (so user see message set for this group to explain that they need to change e-mail.)

I have put a new notice for "Users Awaiting e-mail confirmation" group. /admincp/notice.php that user may need to change their e-mail and if unable to login (placing user to awaiting email confirmation group- i asked them to contact me with old/new email, i do not know if good idea or if i will be able to verify user is really the account owner)

---> system is still going to try & send an email & it will bounce if they have active sub's.

If they aren't active users & haven't logged in for a year, they can resub to them, versus a server of mine getting dinged for spam.