PDA

View Full Version : vbulletin searchcore_text table is too big/large

Fli
05-06-2024, 07:26 AM
It was said there (https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/416711-what-is-the-searchcore_text-table-used-for) that "This table is related to vB search engine and functionality. Clearing it up most probably will cause problems when you search your site. ... you could clear the table via AdminCP by emptying and rebuilding your search indexes."

But before rebuilding search index (AdminCP / Maintenance / General update tools - update counters), it may be good to see if there is no bigger quantity of SPAM posts that needs to be cleaned first.

For me rebuilding search index not worked, because inside the table i could see phrases that could not be found using the site search and the table searchcore_text was still suspiciously big.

So i have emptied the table using SQL query (inside PHPMyAdmin): TRUNCATE TABLE searchcore_text;

Then AdminCP / Maintenance / General update tools - update counters / Rebuild search index

It now shows quarter of the original line count and size. (removing SPAM helped)