PDA

View Full Version : Do you like free webhosting ??

NomanProdhan
03-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Sometime ago I was using free web-hosting. In that time I thought that free web hosting is good for us. But now I think that free web hosting is good for beginner but not good for all. Because I found some problem in free web hosting. Such as some the MySQL database didn't work, sometime the domain name redirect to hosting service page etc. Let me know your feedback about free web hosting.

Thanks for reading.

shreeharisg
03-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I don't think free hosting is good. Because at the last each company want profit. They can plan to earn by forcing ads on your website, offering only 1-2 year free but after that start getting large money annually, transferring from them to other is costly, poor customer support etc.
But still any one for test purpose or for small website can try it.

webc
03-29-2014, 08:25 PM
which webhosting do you use? if make enough money from your website you should always use paid webhosting

Fli
03-30-2014, 02:00 PM
There are very cheap hosts which do hosting for like $1 monthly or even free. Lookup: best free hosting list (at SE)
Im gratefull there are free hosts which allow anyone to host a website (you just need domain or you use some of their subdomain)

But with paid hosting you can expect better support usually and usually slightly better performance and uptime..

SammiRose
06-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Definitely, if you are in need of web hosting company with some informational website, firstly get it hosted with some company with free hosting. This will help in knowing many web hosting related things (including troubles) that can just useful in future. For best support, you need to go for paid hosting. Money count man!

om2580
11-14-2014, 11:04 PM
I think paid hosting is best option you will get 24/7 customer support,high uptime,more features than free hosting

King-Servers
12-12-2014, 12:45 AM
Free hosting is not good for a website that is important to you. If you are just doing it as a hobby and trying to learn about web hosting, then go for it..

hi5s2arp
01-03-2017, 07:53 AM
You may want to go for free hosting only if you have a personal website for fun or practice. You can still get your website live on the web by using a free hosting service that allows to create what they call a 'sub-domain'. A sub-domain is just a domain that is part of another domain. In that case, your website address will be like, for example:

www.freehostingprovider.com/YourWebsite/

Or it could be like:

yourWebsite.freehostingprovider.com

This is fine for fun/project websites, but if you are serious about your website (say it's your business website) using sub-domains is like taking someone else's business card and writing you name on it! Also there are security concerns.

One last point, I've heard of free hosting services that will allow you to host proper domains with them for free and without annoying ads that other free host will insert into your pages. But I've never used them, and in my opinion you always get what you pay for.

VictorVictories
02-08-2017, 01:30 PM
At an initial stage, a user might think that it is very nice to have free hosting but later with the restrictions that are laid using free hosting users are not happy. Thus better to take a paid hosting right up front rather than using free hosting.

Rokilol
02-16-2017, 03:46 PM
I often build my websites using some Wordpress templates and yes, I like free hosting. It is a pretty nice option for some small websites. So, why not

Fli
02-16-2017, 07:05 PM
I think there may be problems with e-mail sending/delivery (limits, disabled mail() php function), as i would guess free hosting would be target to various spammers, phishers and such.

denada88
02-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Nope i dont like free hosting bcoz what is free is bad

saarpilosof
02-27-2017, 08:59 AM
Free hostings are good to check how your websites are working but not for regular use.