PDA

View Full Version : How to protect your site well?

staralbert709
06-08-2020, 07:57 AM
I have a fairly simple site, but I still want to protect it.

Lucifer656
06-09-2020, 06:21 PM
It depends on your needs, but you can ask for professional help. Personally, I prefer the latter option. You also need to choose wildcard ssl certificate (https://www.ssls.com/domain-type/wildcard-ssl-certificates) to ensure security and show your visitors that every part of your online presence is fully protected.

Gimli
07-17-2020, 06:27 PM
It also depends what your website design (https://www.newperspectivestudio.co.za/) is written in and the platform, is it straight html, php? Maybe on wordpress? so without that you can really say much about how to protect it.

Generally wildcards are good. Its also good practice to have 2 step auth on your cpanel / plesk. Never store passwords on a device that is linked to the net. Change passwords often.

Many website hacks happen locally as in you clicked a link on a email that got some information so just practising general safety especially on your browser is important, then after that you could get to website specifics but as i a said without knowing much about what the website is written in cant really say much.

Leasedlayer
08-13-2020, 10:48 AM
Shield Your Website Against SQL Injection

Enable 2FA to Prevent Brute Force Attacks

Install a Security Socket Layer -The best thanks to adding a security socket layer (SSL) to your web site are to use HTTPS

rossgross
03-31-2023, 05:43 AM
Tips are given below-

1 – Shield Your Website Against SQL Injection
2 – Install A Security Socket Layer
3 – Guard Against XSS Attacks

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

david007
04-05-2023, 06:50 AM
Protecting your website is essential to ensure its security, integrity, and availability. Here are some ways to protect your site:

Keep your software up to date
Use strong passwords
Install security plugins
Use SSL
Back up your site regularly
Limit login attempts
Monitor your site
Use two-factor authentication
Remove unused plugins and themes

By implementing these measures, you can protect your site and reduce the risk of security breaches and other issues.