PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone Teach me , How to host any site on VPS

letyouearn
02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Guys, I am looking to Buy VPS . But, I don't know how to put my site on that VPS.
SO, Can anyone tell me the full procedure of it. How to do that ?

I am waiting for your Precious replies.

Fli
02-18-2014, 11:40 AM
hi, thx for asking,
on VPS you will have some Linux operating system probably, you can choose some like CentOS, Debian. I was using CentOS. Also then you should find on the google tutorials on how to setup so called "LAMP" - linux apache, mysql, php - these software is needed to run a website.

After this you will need some control panel if you dont want to bother yourself doing everything on linux command line. Im using Kloxo hosting control panel, its free. another free panel is Webmin.

Some hosts provide VPSs with already installed LAMP + control panel.

manu
06-06-2024, 09:49 AM
To host a website on a VPS, start by choosing a reliable provider that can offer high speed, security, large storage, and expert support. As per my experience, DedicatedCore.com is the topmost vps server provider on the internet. You can easily set up your VPS by creating a new instance with your preferred OS (e.g., Ubuntu, CentOS) and accessing it via SSH. Update your server, then install a web server like Apache or Nginx. Transfer your website files to the web server's root directory using SFTP or SCP. Configure your domain's DNS settings to point to your VPS IP address. Secure your server with an SSL certificate from Let's Encrypt. Finally, test your setup by navigating to your domain in a web browser to ensure everything works correctly. DedicatedCore.com will help you with detailed support and guidance, from which you become successful in hosting your site on vps.

david007
07-15-2024, 10:58 AM
To host a site on a VPS, first set up your VPS with an operating system and web server software like Apache or Nginx. Upload your website files, configure DNS settings, and ensure security measures like firewalls and SSL certificates are in place. If you want to host your site you should try bodHOST web hosting, which is the best VPS server provider (https://www.bodhost.com/web-servers/linux-vps-hosting) on the web.