PDA

View Full Version : How to backup cpanel reseller account mysql databases automatically?

Fli
03-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Hello, i have cpanel reseller hosting and im curious how i can automatically backup mysql databases using cron or similar. Please what are simplest ways to backup mysql databases on like 13 hosting accounts under one reseller cpanel account? There are like up to 100 mysqls..

Would prefer if mysql backup can be saved remotelly to not take up space in my hosting accounts..

HERE is how to automatically backup files and mysql within one hosting account (http://internetlifeforum.com/programming-scripting/2557-script-backup-website-files-mysql-database-website-subfolder/)

thank you

Fli
03-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Hg reply

Something like this would will require a custom script if you just want the MySQL *****. Custom scripts to accomplish this can be handled by consulting with an independent developer.

I update: such script would require manually storing mysql cedentials for each cpanel account. which is not good.

if only single cpanel is backed up, it might be possible to ask hosting provider to enable SSH access and from there do backups using "mysqldump" linux command